To provide accuracy speaking practice in a discussion in pairs in the context of online dating.
To provide clarification of expressions to agree or disagree politely in the context of online dating.
Procedure (38-50 minutes)
- T shares Jamboard with Ss - T displays the following questions: 1) Have you ever used an online dating app? Would you use any of them? Do you think it is as great as in the video? - T plays the video. - T demos with her personal opinion. - Instructions: Discuss your answers in pairs. - Students discuss in Breakout rooms (3 min) - T conducts OCFB and asks a couple of students their opinion (1 min)
- T displays a blank slide, so students tell the teacher, "Expressions they know for agreeing or disagreeing???? - T types students' answers. - T displays the next slide. - T asks two students to read out loud the dialogue. - T asks them to reread it individually, and while they are reading, they have to type in the chatbox the expression they find to agree or disagree. - INSTRUCTIONS: Reread the text, write in the chatbox the expressions to agree or disagree. - T praises good work.
- T explains the different expressions to agree or disagree. * I agree/ I disagree/ I don't agree - T explains how to agree or disagree politely. * Do you think so? I see what you mean; I couldn't agree more; I wouldn't say that; I see your point, you might be right there, I'm still not convinced. - T elicits the requirements to sound polite. - T demos the intonations. - T asks students to make different intonations.
- Instructions: Individually, answer the next exercise. (3 min) - OCFB with a couple of students check some answers. (2min)
- Instructions: Individually, write some ideas about the following statements. (2 min) - T demos her answer. - Instructions: In pairs, discuss the ideas you wrote, and say if you agree or disagree with your partner's ideas. Use the language learned. - Learners work in pairs and discuss. (Breakout rooms) (3 minutes) Students change peers as many times as possible. If there are just two or three students, they will have double of time. - T conducts OCFB following up on the productive stage.
- T writes samples of learners’ production on the screen and sets a task for the whole group to identify the correct and incorrect sentences and correct the latter ones. - T conducts OCFB