TP2 LP_Charles Posey
Upper Intermediate level
To provide listening practice for specific info and detail in the context of using the internet.
To provide lexis and fluency speaking.
Procedure (37-47 minutes)
1. I will have my students talk about 1 or 2 questions related to the topic of the lesson. I will present the following questions: A. What are the positive & negative things about the internet? B. What do you use the internet for most? I will then ask individual students their answers by calling on them
2. I will present 4 challenging words from the audio and cover Meaning, Form and Pronunciation. MEANING As a class we will do a matching exercise on Jamboard using the following four words from the audio: 1. role-play game 2. icon 3. social networking site 4. download FORM We will review the form of each vocab word and how it can be used, will include CCQ examples & discussion. PRONUNCIATION I will model words, identify number of syllables and stress, and ask my students to repeat the words.
3. I will tell learners they will hear an audio and to listen for specific information. 4. The students will check the answers in pairs before open class feedback. They will use a Google form for their answers, the link for which will be sent via chat.
5. The students will listen a second time, this time to answer detail questions about the text. 6. The students will check the answers in pairs (via BORs) (I will monitor here to see if the audio needs to be replayed) before OCFB. Link to questions will be provided via chat for each individual group.
7. I will have learners respond to the contents of the text by using breakout rooms to consider the following question: > Compare in groups who uses the internet the most and what for. 8. Conduct feedback on the task. 9. Delayed Error Correction (DEC).