Questions about Meaning, Spelling, Cost and Time.
English A level
To provide clarification, review and practice of asking about meaning, spelling, cost and time, in the context of visiting new places.
To provide accuracy and fluency speaking practice in a conversation in the context of visiting new places.
Procedure (48-32 minutes)
In pairs, ask and answer yes/no questions. Use the words given, then ask an affirmative or negative follow-up Wh-question ( About you, Context Units 1 and 2, p.51). I will provide brief feedback on accuracy after they finish.
1. Fill in the blanks to complete the conversation ( Exercise 18, p.51). 2. Compare answers with a partner.
1. I will teach and demonstrate. 2. After sharing the answers with me, the students will check their answers and fix the mistakes. 3. The students will re-read their answers individually after learning how to make questions for meaning, spelling, cost, and time.
1. Complete the conversation between two students (Exercise 19, p.52 unit 2). 2. After they finish answering, we will review the answers together. 3. I will give feedback on accuracy.
1. I will provide the students with the following prompts. a. You don't understand the meaning of a word. b. You can't spell a long word. c.You want to ask about the price of something (T-shirt). d. You want to ask about the time or the time of the class. 2. The students will use the above prompts to ask and answer questions about meaning, spelling, cost, and time. 3. I will provide feedback on both accuracy and fluency after they finish.
1. Read the first page of unit 46. 2. Do the exercises on the last page.