To provide clarification and practice of second conditional in the context of talking about unreal and imaginary situations.
To provide fluency speaking practice in a conversation in the context of what they would do in certain unreal and imaginary situations.
Procedure (41 minutes)
- T shares Jam board link, displays the first slide. And talks with ss about the song ‘Imagine’ by John Lennon. - T asks ss: What would happen if all the people lived for today? And provides two possibilities. - Ss choose one possibility and share their ideas.
- T shares google forms link. Instructions: Individually, read the sentences and complete with the correct option. You have 2 mins. ICQs. Are you answering individually or in pairs? (individually) - Ss answer individually. - Ss check answers in pairs. 2 mins - T conducts OCFB. 1 min
- T displays Jam board with 2 examples and 6 questions to clarify meaning. - Instructions: Look at these sentences and in pairs answer the questions. You have 2 mins. Write your answers in your notebook. ICQs. How much time do you have? (2 min) Do you have to write your answers on Jam board or in your notebook? (notebook) - Ss answer in BoR. - T conducts OCFB. 1 min Form. - T displays Jam board with incomplete grammar box. - Instructions: in pairs complete the grammar box using the given words. Write your answers in your notebook. You have 3 mins. - T demos task. ICQs Do you have to complete with your ideas or with the given words? (with the given words) - Ss answer in BoR. - T conducts OCFB and elicits negative and interrogative forms from ss. - T mentions that we can change the order of the clauses without modifying the meaning. Pronunciation. - T models the pronunciation of two sentences and asks ss to identify the linking sounds. - T draws lines to provide visualization and elicits choral drilling.
- Instructions: Put the verbs in brackets into the correct tense to make conditional sentences. The first sentence is an example. You have 5 mins. - T demos task. ICQs. Do you have to change the tense of the verb or not? (Yes) Do you have to answer the first one? (No, is an example) - Ss answer individually. - Ss check answers in pairs. 2 mins - T conducts OCFB. 3 min
- Instructions: In small groups, answer these questions. Ask follow up questions to know more about your partners. - T demos the task with a ss. - Ss complete the task in BoR.
- T asks some ss to share what their partners said. - T writes examples of ss production. - T asks ss to identify the correct and incorrect sentences and correct the latter ones.