LP, TP8, SARA
To provide gist and detailed reading practice using a text about Me and my clothes in the context of fashion and clothes
To provide fluency speaking practice in a conversation in the context of shopping habits
To provide review of clothes lexis
Procedure (33-45 minutes)
1. Display some pictures of people wearing different outfits of different styles on the walls. Give the students cards with the names of the three types of styling. The students have to hold the card with their favorite style labeled. 2. after they have chosen a clothing style, ask the students to work in pairs and tell each other why they like this style? Demonstrate before they start. 3. Ask few students to share their partners' answers.
1. Ask students to work in pairs to match the words with the pictures. 2. Display answers on the screen. 2. Ask the students to go to ex2. Ask them to work in groups and tell each other about the clothes that they usually/sometimes/never wear. Demonstrate before they start the task.
1. Pre-teach vocabulary of: designer clothes, fashion magazine, try on, send back. 2. Tell the students to read the article and match paragraphs from 1-3 to the people in the photos. When they finish, they check in pairs. 3. Display answers on the screen.
1. Ask the students to go to ex3 and read the article and fill in the gaps with Ronnie, Catherine or Samantha. Ask them to check in pairs. Display answers. 2. Ask the students to go to ex4 and decide whether the sentences are true or false. They check in pairs and then display answers.
Tell the students that they need to work in groups. Demonstrate the task before they start working. Monitor while they're working.
1. Ask the students to share some of their partners' answers. 2. Provide delayed error correction