To introduce and practice forming Subject and Object Questions in the context of 'Super Commuters'.
To develop Ss skills in reading for gist and specific information.
To develop Ss skills in listening.
Procedure (47-70 minutes)
1. T greets the Ss and asks them how they are and asks if they are tired or not. 2. T says she is tired and she has a headache and asks the students to guess why.
1. T explains why she has a headache by saying 'When coming to work traffic was very bad and I had to wait 2 hours on the road. T adds 'There were many cars on the road.' With the help of the gestures, T tries to get the word Traffic jam. 2. T shows a picture of many cars on the road and asks how we call this situation. 3. T pronunce 'traffic jam' and drills it firstly chorally and then individually. 4. T shows 3 more pictures to give the meaning of 'TV series, Documentry series and enormous' and drills them in the same way. 5. T writes the spelling of the words on the board under the pictures.
1. T writes 'Commuter' on the board and asks students to guess what a 'commuter' is. 2. T gets the ideas and writes them on the board but doesn't confirm the answer. 3. T writes 'Super Commuter' on the board and collects ideas about what a 'Super Commuter' is and writes the ideas on the board.
1. T chests the 1th handout and shows the text and says 'Read the text and see if you are correct or not.' 'You have 4 minutes.' and gives the handout to the Ss. 2. WCF
1. T chests the handouts given before and says 'Turn your papers' (by demonstrating at the same time.) 2. T points the Qs and says 'read the text again and answer these Qs. Work with your partner. (make sure the partners by using gestures.) 3. T: 'You have 5 min.' 4. After 5 min. T changes the partners and wants them to check with their new partner. 5. WC FB
1. T writes two sentences on the board in a table. 2. T gives Ss papers written 'Subject, Verb, Object, Preposition, Noun' and wants students to stick them in the right place on the board, over the sentences.
1. T chests the handout and 'Answer these questions, you have 4 min. 2. Check with your partner. 3. WC FB.
1. Which two Qs ask about the subjects of the sentences in 7a? 2. Ss come and write the Qs on the board. 3. What is the difference between these two? 4. Highlight the difference.
1. Groups the Ss in 3 2. Write questions for the words in bold. 3. WC FB.
1. Ss listen to the part of the TV programme and finds one reason why the people live a long way from work. 2. WC FB.
1. Ss make questions with the given words by working with their partner. 2. WC FB.
1. Work with your partner. Listen to the part of the TV programme and answer the Qs that they formed in the previous activity. 2. WC FB: