By the end of this lesson, students will have been introduced to practice reading
By the end of this lesson, students will have practiced listening and speaking
Procedure (34-47 minutes)
1. Play the long sentence game with the class to revise there is are and furniture. 2. I begin the sentence saying there's a sofa in my living room. 3. I choose one to complete the sentence and must repeat my sentence and add theirs. 4. Others take turn. 5. I see if the whole class can repeat the list of the mentioned sentences from memory.
* Elicit. * Concept check. * Drill. * Board the given vocabulary. 1. a haunted hotel M: a hotel where ghost lives. P: /ˈhɔːntɪd həʊˈtel/ F: noun / proper 2. priest M: show a picture and give a definition. P: /priːst/ F: noun / proper 3. nervous M: worried before you do something. P: /ˈnɜːvəs/ F: adjective
1. Give the task (match). Ask what do you see in every picture. 2. Demonstrate the meaning of the prepositions using classroom objects before doing it. 3. Give students time to match the task. 4. Show the model answers. 5. Students ask each other (where's the ghost in picture 3?). 6. Model and drill the pronunciation. 7. Finally show the difference between (inside and on), and (in front of and opposite).
1. Students focus on the three pictures. 2. SS students read the text (two minutes). 3. SS listen and label the pictures. 4. SS check in pairs. Show the model answer. 5. Model and drill the following words: A) cemetery /ˈsemətri/ noun / common B) remote control /rɪˌməʊt kənˈtrəʊl/ C) horror film /ˈhɒrə(r) fɪlm/ * Reading: 1. From memory, correct the information in these sentences. 2. Quickly read the article and check again. 3. Check in pairs. Show model answers
1. Students use there was / were to show things happened to them in the past. There's was a big dog in my area. There're three twins at my high school. 2. Demo one example in front of the class with one of the students. Model and drill the contracted form. 3. SS move around and tell each other.
It is based on the errors