Natural Resources (Life - Nat Geo)
To provide specific information listening practice using a text about Reduce, Reuse and Recycle in the context of Natural Resources
To provide fluency speaking practice in a Discussion in the context of Reduce, Reuse and Recycle
Procedure (36-45 minutes)
- T welcomes Ss into class. - T introduces herself and provides time for Ss to ask questions if they have any. - T opens slide 2 and asks Ss to share the first thing that comes into their mind when they think about 'nature'. - Ss share their ideas. - T adds these ideas to the screen using annotation feature on Zoom.
- T opens slide 3 and asks Ss to find the natural resources on slide 4 and 5 and note them down. - T provides 1 minute on each slide (4-5) for Ss to think and finish the task. - After 2 minutes, T asks Ss to share their answers. - When the Ss finish sharing their answers, T opens slide 6 and 7 to show the answers.
- T opens slide 9 and asks Ss to match the words with the correct definitions. - T opens breakout rooms and sends Ss in pairs. - T welcomes Ss back after 5 minutes. - T nominates Ss to give the correct answers. - T uses annotation to match the words and descriptions on the screen.
- T opens slide 10 and informs the Ss that they will be listening to an ecologist. - T opens next slide (11) and asks Ss to guess what three Rs can be in the context of environmental sciences. - T informs Ss that they will be able to find the answers in the listening piece. - T plays the listening file. - After the first listening is over, T asks Ss to answer the question. - T opens next slide and reveals the answer.
- T opens slide 13 and informs the Ss that they will be listening to the recording to fill in the sentences on the screen. - T waits for Ss to read the sentences. - T opens breakout rooms and sends Ss in pairs. - After 5 minutes, T brings Ss back. - T asks Ss to complete the sentences. - T reveals correct answers on slide 14, 15 and 16.
- T opens slide 17 and asks Ss to share their experiences on three Rs. - T asks Ss to raise their hands and share their three R pratices. - T opens slide 18 and asks if Ss have other suggestions for energy conservation like investing in renewable items. - At the end of discussion, T provides feedback on the Ss answers.