In this lesson, students will practice making predictions about the future using will (with definitely/probably), may, and might.
To provide gist reading practice using a text about future activities in the context of [CONTEXT]]
To provide practice of [SECOND SECONDARY SKILL PRACTICED!!!!]
Procedure (38-45 minutes)
- T displays PPT slide with pictures [OF FUTURE STUFF] - What can you tell me about these pictures? - T discusses [SOMETHING] - [Time permitting] T elicits examples [OF SOMETHING] - T shows focus of the lesson, grammar used to make predictions about the future.
- T provides gist task using reading on a Word Document. - T shares screen with word document to SHOW students the task. - Instructions: Open the document in chat. Read the text quickly and answer the question: [QUESTION] You have two minutes to read. Do not look at the second task. - ICQs: If you have two minutes, do you need to read fast or slowly? (Fast) Do you need to focus on the general idea or specifics? (General idea) Do you do the second activity? (No) Okay, start now. - Ss open [word document/LINK]. and read. - Instructions: Discuss your answers with your partners for  minute. - T sends Ss to BORs to discuss their answers briefly. - T conducts OCFB and points out TL. How do they feel? - T tries to elicit [something]
- T asks students to complete Guided Discovery task using the [word document/forms quiz]. - Instructions: Go to the [worksheet/link]. [T shows worksheet on screen.] Choose the correct answers in groups. You have three minutes. - ICQs: How long do you have to answer the quiz? (3 minutes) - Ss do exercise in groups. T observes and helps if necessary. - T conducts OCFB. - T reviews MPF of TL (see language analysis below).
- T asks students to complete the Controlled Practice using the [word document/Google forms quiz]. - Instructions: Go to the [worksheet/link]. [T shows worksheet on screen.] Choose the correct answer and fill in the blank. You have three minutes. - ICQs: How long do you have to answer the quiz? (3 minutes) Good. Begin. - Ss do exercise individually. - [After time] Check your answers with your friends. You have 3 minutes. - Ss check answers in groups. T observes and helps if necessary. - T conducts OCFB.
- T tells students they are going to do a speaking task predicting things in the future. - T scaffolds the task by providing useful language on the PPT (and the Word document)
- T writes on the screen samples of Ss’ production and performs DEC, attempting to elicit corrections and accurate pronunciation from Ss.