LP TP3 Mustafa Magdi
To provide practice of Phrases for comparing in the context of differences and simularities of some cities
Students will listen to the audio and say whether the statements about the pictures are true or false.
Procedure (39-45 minutes)
This lesson is based a previous lesson, so I will try to make a connection between that lesson and mine
* Students will look at ex 3 page 30 . They work through the Analysis box in pairs so they can discuss their answers. * I must work on pronunciation by drilling phrases and sentences with the comparison phrases and highlighting any important pronunciation features such as: 1- similar to 2- different from 3- worse than 4- the same as
* Elicit. * Concept check. * drill * Write the following vocabulary: 1- kiosk 2- souvenir shop
* Show two pictures from page 135 on the screen. * Give the students little time to look at them. * Then set the task and play the audio recording. - Students will chech their answers in pairs. - Then they will be given an answer key to see the correct answers.
* Students will make sentences using the TL . * Compare their ideas in small groups or pairs. - Take notes while students are speaking to help in Feedback stage.
* Write a mixture of correct and incorrect forms on the board. * Allow students to decide in their groups and correct the incorrect sentences. * Then I check the correct answers with them.