To provide gist, specific information and detailed listening in the context of professions and salary.
For Ss to practice speaking through a discussion in the context of professions and salary
Procedure (45-55 minutes)
- T greets students - Show ss 3 pictures and ask them how they are related. - Then show them a short video and ask if a nanny, firefighter and researcher can work from home.
- Pre teaching blocking vocabulary, by using pictures. - Drilling the vocabulary. - T will test the ss if they understood the vocabulary by using a quizz and ccq´s. -Then T will show ss a picture and ask them to predict what the listening will be about.
- T gives Ss a task to listen to a recording about 3 people with 3 different professions who are complaining about salary and funding of projects. -Ss listen to the recording and make a title for the recording. - Ss give their answers and discuss - T gives the Ss second task that is a task for listening for specific information. - Ss listen to the recording and fill in the table. - T shows Ss the AK and discuss it with Ss.
- Ss listen to the audio track again and write the answers for some detailed questions while listening. - Ss meet in breakout rooms for peer checking and discussing. - T shows Ss the AK and discuss about their answers.
- T will ask the students a question and ask them to discuss this in pairs in breakout rooms. - We will discuss in plenary after the breakout rooms, and T will ask them to justify their answer.
- T, using the notes taken while monitoring the groups in the breakout rooms and the main room, presenting Ss’ errors discovered while listening to their discussions. - T praises the good points in the discussion