By the end of this lesson, students will be able to express obligation and give advice and opinion in the context of the health precautions for COVID19
By the end of this session, students will be able to orally discuss the current health precautions for COVID19 in their countries.
Procedure (34-43 minutes)
- T shows Ss a magnified photo for the COVID19 virus and models the expected answers from students by mentioning a necessary action that he does everyday to be protected from infection. - T elicits some answers from students to create interest in the topic and built create the context.
- T explains the task to the students and then shows them the task. - T highlights the fact that there may be more acceptable answer for some questions. - T asks SS some ICQs before starting the task. - T asks students to individually answer this quick quiz for three minutes. - T informs Ss that he is going to send them to BORS for peer correction. - T asks ICQs if needed. - T send SS into BORs for two minutes to check their answers. - T monitors Ss in the BORs. - T elicits the answers from, gives feedback and identifies the weak and strong points in their understanding for the function of obligation and advice.
- T starts clarifying the weal areas of the target language through using guided discovery - T shows students different groups of sentences using the target language and asks them to compare them till they elicit the rule. - T elicits the forms and asks some CCQs about the meaning . - T clarifies the pronunciation and drills it . - T repeats these stages with each group of sentences.
- T explains the task to the students and gives some instructions about the task. - T shows the students the task. - T asks ICQs if needed. - T asks students to complete the sentences in slide no.7 individually within 3 minutes. - T send students to BORs for 3 minutes to check their answers. - T monitors students well in the BORs. - T elicits some of the students answers to this task to check their understanding for the TL and give further clarification if needed.
- T explains the task to the students . - T shows the task to the students. - T models the answer by talking about the current precautions he follows in his country avoid infection. - T gives some instructions before sending the students to the BROs and asks ICQs if needed. - T sends students to BORs and monitors them well and checks if they are on -task or not. - T writes down some of the students mistakes while monitoring and starts forming some sentences based on these mistakes along with some correct answers . - T gives feedback on the content by eliciting some of the answers from some students and gives feedback on the language. - T wraps up the lesson and asks students if they have any questions.