Upper Intermediate level
By the end of this lesson students will be able to talk about the business strategy of a new project in the context of restaurants.
By the end of this lesson, students will be able to use some new lexis in the context of restaurants.
Procedure (25-31 minutes)
- T greets students and introduces himself to them as this is the first time for him to teach this group. - T shows the students the photo and the question in the first slide of the PPT. - T elicits the answers from most of the students.
- T explains the task to students. - T shows students the text and sends them the link that they can use to download the reading text. - T gives students three minutes to find the answers. - T discusses the answers of the questions with the whole class. - T asks students to guess the meaning of the underlined words in the text.
- T elicits the meaning of these words and highlights the most tricky lexis or the ones that they couldn't guess its meaning. - T clarifies the meaning , form and pronunciation of these words and highlights the tricky ones. - T asks CCQs . - T shows students the questions in the next exercise and elicits some creative ideas about the strategy of the new restaurants they are going think about. - T highlights the creative ideas that students come up with to encourage creativity.
- T asks students to choose one of the students to write down the ideas they come up with and another one to present the idea of the restaurant. - T asks ICQS before ending students to the BORS. - T divides students into groups and send them to the BORs for about 8 minutes. - T monitor students well in the BROs - T writes down the any type of mistakes make to be discussed in the feedback session. - In the end of this stage the teacher asks each group presenter to present their project for the whole class. - If there is enough time, the teacher can ask students to vote for the project they think that it will be a successful one.
- T corrects the students mistakes by giving them some models of their corrects answers and some other models of the incorrect answers and asks them to find the mistake.