TP 4 Lexis
In this lesson, Ss will learn about the use of some phrasal verbs with the verbs "put and take" mainly in the context of family relationships.
By the end of the lesson, Ss will have practiced speaking using the target language.
Procedure (42-55 minutes)
The lesson starts with a story, written, animated, and narrated by the teacher, which provides the Ss with a good chance of exposure during the first stage of the lesson. Then it will be followed by a task where they order the story's events, with sentences that include some of the phrasal verbs in the story. After working individually, Ss are sent to BORs to compare their answers.
T shows a text used in a previous reading lesson.
- T highlights some phrases from the texts and elicits the meaning from the Ss. Ex. They put a lot of pressure on him to resign. put pressure on /pʊt ˈprɛʃər ɑn/: to try to influence or persuade one to do something or act a certain way; to make demands on or expect something from someone.
- T sends Ss a link to the activity. - Ss join and compete with each other. - Ss answer the questions individually. - T gives feedback on their performance by sharing the screen of the app.
- T shows some pictures from the story that was introduced at the Lead-in stage. - Ss complete with their own ideas. - Ss are sent to breakout rooms to compare their ideas. - T monitors and gives feedback.
- Ss are given a task where they write a conversation using the target language in the lesson. - Ss think individually. - Ss are sent to breakout rooms in groups to make interesting conversation. - T monitors and gives feedback.
- T shares the screen of the app. - Ss match the phrasal verb with their meaning.