Present perfect simple & continuous TP 1
To provide clarification of the present perfect simple and continuous tenses in the context of completed actions and ongoing or repeated actions in the past.
To provide practice of the present perfect simple and continuous tenses in the context of ongoing actions and completed achivements.
Procedure (27-44 minutes)
- T greets Ss and shares his screen. T asks Ss to listen and take notes to fill in the gaps. - T plays the audio tracks and Ss take notes. - Ss share their answers and T gives some hints about the grammar.
- T shows Ss the text and asks them to answer some questions. - T divides Ss into groups or pairs, according to the Ss number, and sends them to breakout rooms to answer questions. - Ss discuss the questions in the breakout rooms. - T shows the Ak to the Ss.
- T elicits the target language from sentences and Ss figure out its use.
- T elicits the differences between the Present Perfect Simple and Continuous forms. - Ss try to figure out the function and form and T asks them to provide more sentences.
T divides Ss into groups and assigns a secretary to write sentences T gives a picture and instructs Ss to write sentences about what the people have been doing recently. T asks ss to write as many sentences as possible in a limited time. T counts the sentences then announces the winner
- T sends Ss a link for a quiz. - Ss do the quiz separately. - T announces the winner.
- T asks Ss to talk about things they have been doing recently and their achievements. - Ss go and discuss in the breakout rooms about the topic. - T monitors and takes notes. - T gives Ss feedback.