To provide practice and clarification of cooking verbs in the context of cooking show
To provide fluency while speaking and enhance communication
Procedure (47-60 minutes)
- Divide the class into two teams according to their favourite ice cream flavours (vanilla - chocolate) - play Mr Bean interactive video and the fastest team to answer the questions in the video takes a point (they have to say Zalabia before they answer) - ICQ
- Show them a picture of Mofida and Chef El Shebeni (gist questions) - put them in pairs to have a discussion about cooking shows and cooking (e.g. Do you cook what you see in cooking shows? is it easy or hard and why?)
- Ask each team to make a list of their favourite ingredients in the kitchen ( vegetables- fruits - grains - dairy mild product........) - Exchange the lists between the teams and ask each team to make a role play like (Mofida and Sherbeny) making one recipe using only the items in the list that they have - assign roles to everyone in the teams ( 2 presenters- timer - delegate- note taker ) (P.s one student may have more than one role)
- Ask the delegate to go to the other teams to comment on their recipe, collect ideas and suggest better ones - give them the paper plates and DIY chef hat to get ready for presenting - The delegate goes back to his/her team and put the final touches to present the recipe.
After presenting, each team gives the other team a rate from 1 star to 5 stars according to their performance and how they managed to use the ingredients, and what they prefer and don't prefer (stating reasons)
- The teacher divides the students into two teams - Put some pictures of cooking verbs on the wall and give them sticky notes with the verbs and asks them to match. The first team to finish is the winner. - the teacher shows them the correct answers and present cooking verbs (MPF) - for CCQ, the teacher can play hot seats so students act the verb to their team and the team members have to guess in 10 seconds
- Ask the students to think of the steps of making (salta3 burger: a famous burger in the cartoon sponge pop) and guess what could be the secret ingredient. - pair them to share ideas and agree on who has the best ideas and guesses.