Time out , Listening
By the end of the lesson, SS will have practiced a specific information and detailed listening practice using a listening recording about plans how to enjoy freely, or very cheaply in the context of time out ( Free in NYC)
To provide fluency and accuracy speaking practice in a discussion in the context of Time out ( Free in NYC)
Procedure (27-38 minutes)
- Show SS pictures and let them discuss them with the T and other students. what is this city? is it cheap or expensive?
- show SS a picture of NYC and ask them some questions about it. - show them some landmarks in NYC and ask them if they are free to visit. - teach them blocking vocabulary by eliciting ( M) using CCQs and show them (FP) by drilling and displaying
- T will show SS a question to answer from the listening - the answer is one word or a number - they will be shown the question while they are listening - then they will check their answers in groups before they come back to the main session to send their answers in the chat box - T will provide them with feedback
- T will show the question for the students ( listening for details) - they will read the question it then listen to the recording in the main room - they will write their answers individually then check their answers in the BR - Ss will write their answers privately for the T - Ss will listen to check their answers - Ss will be given an activity where they need to write some verbs after going to or to write some landmarks mentioned in the recording in pairs - they will be shown the feedback
- T will ask SS to prepare a plan ( discussion) for someone who is visiting their city by telling him three things to do freely, or very cheaply - T will provide some guiding points - T will keep jumping and monitoring SS in the breakout rooms - T will provide feedback and highlight some errors and let SS correct them collectively - T will praise good answers.