life, simple past tense
By end of the lesson, students will have the opportunity to practice the past simple tense in the context of true love
To provide fluency and accuracy speaking practice in a conversation in the context of true love
Procedure (45-59 minutes)
show SS a question in a picture and let them answer the question what did you do yesterday?
- T will show SS a picture and sentences arranged randomly - Ss will work in groups to make as short story - these sentences are in past simple - Ss will be asked to underline the past simple verbs in groups
- T will show the students the correct answers - T will highlight the different kinds of the past simple - Ss will be engaged to the TL
- Ss will practice with T many activities - T will elicit the meaning of the TL ( CCQs ) will be used - T will differentiate between the different kinds of past simple ( reg. and irreg.) - T will clarify to Ss how to make negative and interrogative of the past simple - T will highlight the pronunciation of the TL using a listening recordings and drilling.
- Ss will work in groups to choose the correct form of the verb in the box - T will provide the with the Feedback - highlighting their errors made by Ss -answers will be shown
- SS will work in pairs in a conversation - they will take turns and ask and answer - when did you last......? - ss will answer these questions from their own experiences
- SS will work in pairs - they will write notes - they will tell each other some personal short stories using past simple - T will monitor their fluently and accuracy - Feedback and error corrections will be provided by the teacher.