Deniz - First Lesson Plan
Introducing various adjective structures and adjectives + dependent prepositions to the students in the context of talking about themselves and interviewing people.
Helping the students practice speaking in the context of talking about themselves and interviewing people.
Procedure (30-45 minutes)
- The teacher will write the target language structure on the board with sentences about himself, some of them are true, others of which aren't. - The teacher will have the students try to guess which are true, and which aren't, letting the students ask any questions they like to the teacher.
- The teacher will have the students ask any questions using the target language structure to keep the conversation going in the target language. - The teacher will encourage the students to produce sentences using the given target language structure.
- The teacher, while speaking and asking questions, will emphasize the target language structure to take the students' attention.
- The teacher will take the students' attention to the point that there are some adjectives followed by certain dependent + prepositions.
- The teacher will have the students write three sentences about themselves using the target language structure on a piece of paper on the condition that they will not write their names on their piece of paper.The teacher will then have the students fold their pieces of paper and then the teacher will collect their pieces. - In the next step, the teacher will mix them and give a piece to each student. The teacher will then have the students walk around the class to find the student who wrote the sentence on their piece of paper. The students will do this by asking questions following the questions structure outlined on the board. As soon as they have found the correct student, they should sit down. - The teacher will have the student work on the part 3 individually to know how much they know about adjective + dependent prepositions structures.
- The teacher will have the students work in pairs. In this step, the students take turn to ask and answer the questions in 3. - As an extension activity, the teacher will tell the students that they are looking for a roommate, and that they should prepare questions to ask interview prospective roommates, using the given target language structure. They should then interview each other, and decide which student they would most like to live with.