by the end of this lesson, the ss will have practiced the object pronouns in the context of talking about romantic films.
By the end of this lesson, the ss will have practiced reading for gist and listening for detail.
Procedure (35-45 minutes)
1. show them the picture of "Sona" and elicit: what kind of film is it? romantic What is it about? 2. show them the Qs on the projector and mime they should walk around and answer the 2 Qs with their partner. ICQs Where are the question you'll ask? on the projector Are you gonna do it on your own? No 3. listen to their answers
1. show them a picture of Olivia and her boyfriend. 2. tell them "Give him a name" 3. tell them you'll listen to her talking to him 3. tell each other if she's happy or sad and why. ICQs are you gonna tell each other during or after the listening? After the listening what's the question? is she happy or sad and why? 4. play the song and give them time to discuss the question. 5. let them report back to you
1. chest the handout and tell the ss they should listen carefully to complete the lyrics. 2. give them 3 choices on the board (me - you - her) (use gestures) (show them the answer key on the board) 3. Extract the following marker sentences from the lyrics "I love you" who is speaking:? Olivia who's she speaking to? her boyfriend "You watch her" is he watching Olivia or another woman? another woman is she sad? yes you're slowly killing me 4. Drill them 5. Write the marker sentence on the board and elicit the form.
1. Chest the handout and tell them "You'll write 4 names in each circle." 2. model for the ss and stage the activity. 3. write "Amr Diab" as an example and talk about him using the prompts. 4. fold the handout and give them time to write the names first 5. unfold it and ask: how many names did you write in every circle? 4 point to the useful language and ask do you need these phrases to talk? yes point to the different color and ask can you change these words? yes 6. give them time to talk. 7. Let them report back to you
1. Elicit, concept check, drill and write (if necessary) the word "Fatal". 2. Chest the posters on p. 45 to the ss. 3. Tell them "In pairs, guess whether these movies have happy or a sad endings." ICQ: Are you gonna guess on your own? no, in pairs. 4. Let them report back to you.
1. Elicit, concept check, drill and write (if necessary) the following vocabulary: a. pupils b. a marine c. passionate d. love affair 2. Ask them to put their handouts face down. 3. show them on the projector they should match the movies to the paragraphs individually. ICQs: How many movies can you match with each paragraph? only one Are you gonna do it on your own? 4. After they finish, let them check in pairs. 5. Show them the Answer keys on the projector.
1. model the activity to the ss tell them your favorite Egyptian movie is "Hareem Kareem" it's a really good movie. it's about a man and a woman who fall in love with each other and get married. They live happily until she finds him with another woman. she thinks they have a love affair, so she get angry and leaves him. But he never forgets her, so he kept saying "I'm sorry" until she agreed to stay with him. it has a happy ending because she accepts to stay with him again. you should watch it. I'm sure you'll like it. 2. ask them to use the prompts and to do the same 3. stage your instructions a. choose a movie. b. once they choose, ask them to think of how to use the prompts c. ask them to share with each other. 4. let them report back to you.