Elisa Montaldo TP4
Pre- intermediate level
To provide an introduction of the first conditional and practice it.
To provide clear understanding of contraction words.
Procedure (32-45 minutes)
T asks learners to discuss some questions: Are you usually early, on time or late to meetings and events? • T demos the question: 'I lived in the UK for a long time, so I am always on time or early to places. It makes me crazy that most people in Mexico are always late.' • Learners work in pairs or groups in breakout rooms to discuss. • T conducts OCFB.
- Instructions: Match the picture with the correct conversation. • ICQs: Has everyone got the form? YES. • Demo the task. • CCQ: Do I want you to read the text fast? YES • Ss read and answer individually. • T allows Ss to check answers in pairs • T conducts OCFB
• Instructions: Who said these sentences? • Demo the task - ICQs: Can you take your time? YES Do you read carefully or fast? CAREFULLY • Learners answer individually • Check answers in pairs. T conducts OCFB
• T gives a link to Form with words and sentences, S need to write the word that best matches the sentence. • Instructions: Put the items in the correct spaces. ICQ: Has everyone got the form? - Demo the task - T conducts OCFB and for each word clarifies M Example If I’m late again, I’ll lose my job. Is it certain Hannah is late? NO Will she probably lose her job if she is late again? YES • T gives a link to Form with activity, S pick the best answer for each question. • Instructions: Answer the questions for each sentence. ICQ: Has everyone got the form? - Demo the task - T conducts OCFB for each item clarifies F Example I'm (contraction) = I (noun) AM (Verb) Why is I’m one word? Because it is a contraction from I-am - T models the pronunciation of the phrases and learners decide how many syllables they have. Example - T drills individually and as a group.
• Instructions: Fill in the gaps with the correct form of the verbs. ICQ: Has everybody got the form? • Individually, learners prepare ideas. • T demos the task. Do I want you to use contractions? YES • Learners work in pairs and discuss. • T conducts OCFB to see if the students have understood the concept.
• In pairs or groups discuss: With a partner or in groups I want you to imagine you are going to drive from Mexico City to Los Angeles. Decide what you will do in these situations: • if you have an accident • if you get bored with driving • if you get lost • T puts S into pairs or groups to work and share opinions. - T monitors classroom whilst students are sharing opinions to find sentences the students might have struggled with. • T conducts DEC.