TP8 - Grammar
Students will be able to understand and use the differing forms of future tenses. They will also be able to identify, practice, and reproduce future tenses.
Students will be able to listen to audios and understand the context, and speak while using the context of the lesson.
Procedure (31-46 minutes)
Students will be asked about "Weekend Plans". Students will also view several pictures associated with "Weekend Plans" They will then discuss whether they enjoy the photo examples.
Students will listen to a provided audio from Face-To-Face Upper Intermediate CD2.2. Before listening the students will be asked: - What is the relationship between Zoe, Abby, Rick, and Alice? - Where are they going to meet next week? Students will then listen for a 2nd time listening for specific information and completing the dialogue of the audio. 1. Alice/ exams/ preparation 2. Windsor / cheap deals / school holidays 3. Rick / Windsor Castle / Eton College 4. Addy / a tour of Eton College 5. Zoe / Eton / Abby's house Students will be able to identify the common phrases of the conversation.
- Students will review the complete and correct dialogue and compare it with their answers. - Student will identify common phrase used throughout the audio
- Students will review the MFP(A) of: - Future Verbs. - Present Continuous. - Future Continuous. - Future Verbs, Present Continuous, Future Continuous (Meaning) - - be going to ----------------> doing or going to (in the future) - will -----------------------------> Decisions made (about the what????) CCQ - Present simple-----------> Fixed on a timetable (in the???) CCQ - Present continuous----> About an arrangement made with others. - Present Continuous ----> - To talk about an arrangement with other people or organizations. Ex. We are staying in a bed-and-breakfast for a few days. - Future Continuous ------> - For something that will be in progress at some point in the future. Ex. So this time next week we will be walking to .... CCQ: students will complete a quick match activity matching the sentences in the audio with the meaning of the future tense. Form: - Future Verbs - Subject + to be going to + verb. - Subject + will + verb. Ex 1. We + are going to + take the bus. Ex. 2. I + will + attend class next week. - Present Continuous - Subject + are + verb + ing. EX. We + are + stay + ing at a beach house this summer - Future Continuous - Subject + will be + verb + ing. Ex. She + will be + turn + ing the corner when we get there. CCQ: After review students will fill in the blanks for future tense form formula for understanding. - Pronunciation: - Student will review and be asked about word stress within the phrases and future tenses. They will also perform a choral response.
- Students will read a conversation and complete a task completing the correct forms used in the conversation. - Students will then work in Breakout Rooms to discuss and compare their answers correcting if needed. - Students will then review the correct forms provided by the teacher.
- Students will write 6 sentences about plans or arrangements for the next few weeks using the phrases provided in the lesson and the correct future tenses. (5 min) - Once students have finished, They will work in pairs in Breakout Rooms telling each other the sentences and asking appropriate questions. (3 min)
- Students will review errors from the lesson and correct them in whole group.