To practice and revise a lexical set on holydays
Learners will have also discovered the MFP of new lexical items.
Learners will have also practice their fluency for speaking in the follow- up stage
Procedure (31-46 minutes)
1. T shows a slide with three pictures and ask What can you see in the photos? and Do they show positive or negative things about holydays? 2. Studedents will comment their ideas
1. Learners read the text (ex 2 p.54) individually (on Google Forms) before they compare answers in pairs (via private messages). 2. OCFB
- T will cover meaning (implicit) , form (explicit) and pronunciation(explicit) of sthe words : Luxurious (base form: luxure) /ləg-ˈzhu̇r-ē-əs/ adjective Queue /ˈkyü / intransitive verb Nightlife / ˈnīt-ˌlīf/ noun Flight /ˈflīt / noun Delayed (base form: delay) /di-ˈlād/ verb Self-catering /ˌself ˈkeɪtərɪŋ/ adjective Excursions (base form: excursion) /ik-ˈskər-zhən/ noun Swimming pool /ˈswɪmɪŋ puːl/ noun Crowded /ˈkrau̇-dəd/ adjective Peaceful /ˈpēs-fəl/ adjective Relaxing (base form: relax) /rɪˈlæksɪŋ/ Book /ˈbu̇k / verb Online /ˈȯn-ˈlīn/ adjective 2. T will provide examples and practice pronunciation. 3. T will ask students if they need meaning with some word. Is there a word that you do not know or you do not understnd?
1. Teacher wil show students a chart which they have to fill with some of the words in bold form the text. 4 2. Learners will comment their answers in the private chat. 2 minutes 3. teacher will show the answers and OCFB
1. To provide learners with a communicative task T will use ex 4a p.54. 2. Teacher will provide an example to the students about a holiday. 3. Students will comment in pairs in breakout rooms. 6 minutes. 4. One or two will share what their partner said.
1. T conducts OCFB of the last task. 2. Delayed error correction.