TP8 Erica Latif
To provide clarification, review and practice of can and can't in the context of signs for permission and possibilities for holidays.
To provide fluency and accuracy speaking practice in a conversation in the context of what to do on holidays in Turkey.
Procedure (42-54 minutes)
1. T put picture of blue mosque on the board. 2. Elicit from students what people can and can't do when they go there.
1. Ss get HO1 about permission signs. 2. Ss need to answer this in the positive or negative as they see the signs. 3. Ss do this individually. 4. Check with partners. 5. T give answer key.
1. T will elicit meaning from Ss. 2. T will elicit form from Ss. 3. T will drill the pronunciation with Ss.
1. Ss will do HO2 gap fill. 2. Ss will check with partner. 3. T elicit answers. 4. Ss will do HO3 by listening and do gap fill. 5. Ss check with partners. 6. T elicit answers.
1. Ss to make sentences about things to do in Istanbul on holiday. 2. They will work in groups to brainstorm some ideas. 3. Ss will ask each other questions about this to get can or can't answers. 4. About 2 min before end of class T will get feedback from the groups.
1. T will listen to what Ss discuss during freer practice without interrupting them. 2. At the end T will write some errors on the WB to correct with WC.