Cold and Flu, vocabulary in listening
For learners to practice speaking in the context of "Cold & Flu"
For learners to practice the vocabulary related to medicine in the context of "Cold & Flu"
Procedure (33-44 minutes)
- Show the pic - Elicit from the Ss - Show the pic of 'home', 'school', 'doctor', 'medicine', and 'work' - Asks Ss "In case of getting cold, what would you do?" - T gives Ss one minutes to think - T sends Ss into PW to discuss it briefly with each other - T monitors
- T shows pictures with six cold's symptoms - T elicits each word regarding each pic from Ss - T CCQs words for their meaning - T practice pronunciation + Drill + stress
- T asks Ss "Do you know the difference between 'cold' & 'flu' - T lets Ss to brainstorm - T shows Prediction slide which prompts are provided for Ss - ICQs for the task - Ss discuss as PW - T gives FB
- T shows 'Gist Slide' - ICQs before playing the audio file - Ss listen individually - Ss discuss answers as PW - T monitors + FB
- T shows 'Specific Information Slide' - ICQs before the second listening - Ss listen as group and then do PW to check their answers together - T checks answers and FB
- T shows 'Follow-up Slide' - ICQs before task - Ss discussions - T monitors and gives FB if necessary