Upper Intermediate level
For students to learn vocabularies related to different age groups and their expressional phrases
To provide learners with the needed vocabularies so they can provide sentences to speak
Procedure (29-45 minutes)
- T shows Ss the first picture with numbers on. - T waits for Ss to come up with ideas of their own. - T let Ss to talk to each other about the numbers on the picture. - T will ask Ss the advantages and disadvantages of each number age.
- T shows the second picture to the Ss. - T gives time to Ss to read all the words on the page. - T asks Ss if anyone does not know a meaning of the words and if so, she explains. - T asks Ss the antonym or synonym of each word if they know. - T asks Ss to categorize adjectives into four column, from younger ages to elderly. - T puts Ss into breakout rooms in pairs of 2 or 3 to do the task together.
- T shows the third picture to the Ss. - T lets Ss to read the page quietly. - T explains Ss to find the meaning of each expression based on their previous knowledge and do not use internet or dictionary. - T puts Ss into 2 or 3 groups and sends them to breakout rooms. - T monitors each room and interferes whenever her help is needed.
- T shows the last picture to the Ss. - T explains Ss to match from 1-8 to a-h - T does the first one as an example. - T puts Ss into breakout rooms to discuss with each other and find the answers. - T monitors rooms and if she was needed, she would explain.
- T checks their answers. - T asks Ss to discuss their opinions and ideas over the eight sentences. - T explains to the Ss that they can use their own opinions inn the discussion. - T puts Ss into new pairs and sends them into breakout rooms to discuss.