Teaching Practice 8
Upper Intermediate level
To provide clarification and practice on the use of causative verbs with "have" and "get" in the context of a passage.
To provide adequate practice and understanding of the verbs
Procedure (34-44 minutes)
1. T nominates student to read questions on the slide. 2. As a group, students discuss questions based on the pictures. (2 minutes) -Do you work in an office like either of these? -Which office do you think would allow for more creativity?
1. INSTRUCTIONS: You have 6 minutes to silently read the passage. There might be words you don't understand, but continue reading all the way to the end. 2. In BORs, students discuss the approach companies take to boost creativity. -communal lunches -get their car washed, -get your hair cut 3. Nominate 2 students to tell what was discussed in BORs 4. T points the target language: get and have
1. On slides, T begins lesson of form, eliciting students. 2. if they can get . . . -get + person + infinitive neutral present 3. they have their -have + person + verb neutral present
1. INSTRUCTIONS: Individually, rewrite the underlined part of the sentence using the bolded word. (6 minutes) -Students work individually to complete the task on the slide. 2. IN BORs, students share answers. (2 minutes) 3. OCFB, nominate students to give the answers (3 minutes)
1. In BORs allow students to discuss things they using have and get for this weekend or last weekend. Provide examples: This weekend, I am getting my car serviced. 2. OCFB, nominate students to share what they spoke about in BORs.
1. T puts any errors heard throughout lesson on the screen 2. Students will lead in making corrections