TP_5 Christian Arias
To provide fluency speaking practice in a conversation in the context of sauces and how to describe them.
To provide practice of lexis to describe and express opinions in the context of sauces
Procedure (35-51 minutes)
• T shows the picture of sauces and ask What are they? - Are they important for Mexican food? • Ss go to BOR to discuss the two questions. • T monitors the Ss’ production and interacts a bit. • T conducts a short OCFB
• T shows some scrambled sentences and asks Ss to unscramble to create sentences • Instruction: look at the words and organize them to create sentences. • Ss work in pairs to answer the activity. • T shows the answer and conducts a brief OCFB.
• T shows the video in preparation to work with the (MP) • Instructions: now repeat after me. Work with the pronunciation of the words. • Ss complete the activity in the Google slide document.
• T sends Ss to BOR to discuss the following questions. What kind of sauce do you like? - Why do you like it? • T goes around BOR to monitors Ss production. • Ss discuss the questions in their BOR. • T changes the groups and sets a second speaking round, then conducts an OCFB.
• T shows the Ss’s production through the class and works with Ss to reformulate, correct, or congratulate Ss’s work.