Upper Intermediate level
To provide product writing practice of a food recipe for accuracy with logical sequence by using the useful language such as the connective words.
To provide clarification, review and practice of cooking verbs in the context of cooking recipe
Procedure (34-47 minutes)
1. T ask "Do you usually eat out or cook at home?" 2. "Do you like cooking?" "What will you do if you plan to cook something?" 3. T share their experiences and elicit the steps and procedure to cook.
1. T elicit the cooking verb by using body gestures with a context. 2. Drill the pronunciation and ask CCQs to check their understanding. 3. Ask Ss to choose a cooking verb from the board and ask the class to guess what word is that by miming it.
1. T show a simple example of a recipe and ask Ss to suggest some improvements to make it better. 2. T elicit the connective word with a set of messy pictures to show the steps to cook.
1. T show the layout of a recipe and ask CCQs to check their understanding. 2. T send the padlet link to Ss and explain the instructions. 3. T show example and demonstrate how to do it before they start writing individually. 4. Monitor with distance, only provide support and feedback when necessary.
1. Ss to present their own recipe in the main room. 2. T provide feedback to Ss recipe writing and also error correction if necessary.