Elementary level level
To provide gist and detailed reading in the context of Travelling .
To provide speaking practice in the context of travelling
To provide vocabulary related to travelling such as (takeoff ;passport ;cost....)
Procedure (45-54 minutes)
- T will begin the lesson by showing in the first slide of the presentation the word travel and a picture of the Globe. - T will ask the SS questions such as: do you want to travel abroad? did you ever visit another country? if yes where? if not where do you wish to go? did you ever face any kind of trouble while traveling or with a passport? - T will also try to give a personalized example to make the SS comfortable while also sharing their stories - T will try to elicit words like passport, baggage, airplane.
- T first will start by telling the SS that now they have an exercise in the learning app. - T will first start the instruction by telling the SS to open their chatbox then open the link. - T will follow up by sharing the app on the screen and proceed to give instruction that SS should match the words such as (cost; flight; take off; save ...) with appropriate definitions and T will give an example of a word. - T will do ICQ such as what are you supposed to do? where is the definition in the blue or red column? and T will try to choose SS who tend to have a hard time. - T will only give 2 minutes for the activity. - T will now elicit answers from the SS quickly and then follow up by showing each word on the screen do drilling and error correction if necessary.
- T has set the context and got rid of the blocking vocabulary SS are now ready for the text. - T before showing the text will show first in the next slide the two main characters of the story Adam and India . - T will tell the SS to read the dialogue between them then T will tell the SS that they both faced a problem when they decided to travel. - T will ask a question such as what do you think is the problem? do you think something happened to them? T purposely put also the word Ibiza on the dialogue in case someone doesn't know it. - T will elicit answers of the SS of their prediction without clarifying who is wrong and who is right. - T will try to also choose specific individuals and make sure to involve all the SS. - T now has raised SS interest in the text and they are curious about the characters and what happened to them .
- T will share the text in the next slide and instruct the SS to give the text a title. - T will emphasize to the SS that they only have 1 minute to find a suitable title and the winner's will be written in the slide above the text. - T will do some ICQ what are you going to do? how many minutes do you have? - T will now elicit answers from the SS and T will try to go quickly in this stage to save time and also because it's a gist task.
-T now will show the next slide and will ask the SS if they see questions right next to the text. -T will instruct the SS to read the question first then read the text and answer the questions. -T will do one ICQ here since is obvious and will only ask one question: what are you going to do? -T will tell the SS to take their time for this activity so that they process all the details in the text . -T now will elicit answers from the SS and choose specific individuals so that the SS don't outshine the weaker ones.
- T will now tell the SS to open again their chatbox and make sure that everyone has received the link. - T will now show the app on the share screen and will instruct the SS that they have 6 sentences and they are the rest of the story of Adam and that they have to put them in the correct order the sentences are highlighted by alphabets and they have to match it with numbers 1 2 3. - T will demonstrate an example it's necessary for this exercise for some SS may be confused. - T will follow with ICQ what are you going to do? how much time do you have ?. - T will give SS enough time for this activity and T will monitor quietly and answer questions if any. - T will now elicit answers from SS and T will give more clarification or FB if necessary.
- T will now show on the next slide discussion questions about their own opinions such as: Do you think Adam's solution was a good one? if yes why? if not why not? if it were you what would you have done? - T will give instruction to SS that they will have to discuss in peers and will send them into breakout rooms (THIS COULD CHANGE DEPENDING ON HOW MANY SS ARE IN CLASS) - T while preparing the breakout rooms will give ICQ what are you going to discuss? alone or with your peers? - T for this activity will give the SS all the time depending on how much time is left during class if there isn't then T will give them 5 minutes. - T will elicit answers from the SS while also trying to make it fun. - T will now finish the class while successfully achieving the practice of the main aim and sub-skills.