To provide product writing practice of a report in the context of food.
To provide reading practice using a text about diet in the context of food
Procedure (45-55 minutes)
- Greet the students. - Ask Ss if they had breakfast this morning. - Ask about the kind of food they ate, this will help Ss remember some vocabulary words they learned in previous lesson, as this lesson is a complement.
- Teacher starts the lesson by displaying the first slide of the PPT. - Ask Ss about what they see, they will say letter "a", go on with the slide and explain that a group of letters make a word, a group of words make a sentence, and a group of sentences make a paragraph. - Display the text, Ss are familiar with this text as they have read it before in the previous class. - Ask Ss to think of how many paragraphs are there in the text. - Mark the paragraph and tell Ss when they meet new people they introduce themselves this applies on paragraphs as well. - Tell Ss that all paragraphs start with the introduction. - Assign the activity and demonstrate the first one, send the link, and send Ss to breakout rooms to do it in pairs. - Monitor Ss in breakout rooms. - In feedback, display the answers and discuss.
- In this stage, Ss will be given the rule and meaning of a paragraph in a "Choose the correct alternative activity". - Ss will be sent to breakout rooms for 2 minutes to do it in pairs.- This actvity will help Ss know the structure of a paragraph. - In feedback, answers will be displayed. - Show the Ss the picture of the "Perfect Paragraph", this will help Ss visualize the structure.
- Display the text, let Ss read the report. and work in pairs to answer the questions. - Send the Ss to breakout rooms. -Monitor Ss performance. - In feedback, display the answers.
- Teacher will explain the activity. Demonstrate the activity. - Send the activity link to Ss. - Ss should write a report about their group. - Their writings will be displayed on screen. In feedback, Ss will discuss.