TP6a Erica Latif
To provide, review and practice language used for buying items in a shop in the context of shopping at a newsagent's.
To provide clarification, review and practice of shop language in the context of shopping at a newsagent's.
Procedure (40-51 minutes)
1. Students to sit in half circle. 2. T drill vocabulary few times with them. 3. Put words on the board with overhead, let them look at it a min, then show next slide with only a few letters. 4. Students try to remember the words. 5. Play ball game with them with this vocab as a warm-up.
1. Students listen to R5.9 have to tell T what the person is buying in the shop. 2. T regroup Ss for next exercise.
1. Students get a H/O that they have to try to reorder the language of the shop assistant. 2. Ss listen again to see if they did this correctly. 3. Ss now check with the group.
1. T put overhead of a conversation on the WB with words missing. 2. Ss talk in groups to find out which words are missing. 3. T elicit from them.
1. T put conversation on the WB with overhead projector. 2. In pairs Ss practice this conversation a few times. 3. Then switch partners.
1. Ss practice the conversation now with some words missing in the conversation. 2. After a few times, T remove more words until there are no words left. 3. Ss practice a few times and switch partners.
1. Ss play ball game to recap the TL. 2. T do error correction if required.