TP 4 Lexis
By the end of the lesson students will be better able to use Internet lexis.
To practice speaking for fluency.
Procedure (31-44 minutes)
- Get attention from students. - Check that they can see and hear me well. - Instruct the students they have 30 seconds to write all they think they can do with their computers and smartphones. - Breakout rooms for 2 minutes to compare the answers with their partners. - End breakout rooms. - Share answers and provide feedback.
- Get attention from students. - Provide instructions (e.g., Match the image in column A that corresponds to the phrase in column B.) - Check with your peers in a breakout room (if students are more than 6 otherwise they will work in class.) - End up breakout rooms. - Share de answer. - Provide feedback.
- Get attention form the students. - Share screen with vocabulary. - Instruct CCQs (e.g., Define the word in your on word or make a sentence or provide a synomymous. Does this word have one or two parts? Is it a verb and adjective or a noun? Which word has the stress?) - This same procedure goes for each one of the vocabulary. - Provide feedback in every word.
- Get attention from students. - Send the link. - Instruct the students to choose the correct word in the google form. Individual work. - Share answers in class. - Provide feedback
- Get attention from students. - Instruct students about the exercise. - Pair work. Interview your peer with the questions in the material attached. - Breakout rooms. - Monitor. - End breakout rooms. - Share the answers and provide feedback.
- Get attention from students. - Instruct them to talk about 5 things you do every day with your phone, using at least three words you learned in the class. - Breakout rooms. - Monitor. - End breakout rooms. - Share answers. - Provide feedback