Copy of Grammar Lesson
To provide clarification, review and practice of speculation about past present and future using modals in the context of illnesses, sicknesses and diseases.
To provide gist reading practice using a text about people with health problems in the context of diseases.
Procedure (47-60 minutes)
- Linking with Murat's lesson, set context with these questions; "What happens if I drink very water when I am sweaty?" "What happens if I don't stop smoking?" "What happens if I don't eat breakfast everyday?"
- Give them the instructions to do exercise 1 in the handout to get them engaged in and focused on TL - Peer check the answers
- Clarify the target language (see the language analysis sheet)
- Get the students' focus back on the handout and get them to do the second exercise to help them see that they are better after the language clarification - Give feedback for correction or answers
- Put them in groups to talk about different people's health problems - Tell them to explain other people in the group what must / may / might / could / can't have happened to the people in the photos