By the end of the lesson, Ss will be able to practice numbers 20-100 in the context of asking and answer questions about people's age.
To provide specific information listening practice using a text about Identifying info about friends
Procedure (30-42 minutes)
- Tell Ss that we are going to play question-answer game. - Tell Ss that I will ask a student question and wait for the answer, the student asks another one a different question and so on and so forth. - The game lasts for 3 minutes. - After Ss have finished, they say one interesting thing about one of their classmates. ICQs: 1. Should I ask the same question? "No" 2. How much time do we have? "3 min"
- Chest the hand-out of numbers. - Ask Ss to listen and repeat numbers, then give Ss the hand-out. - Pause the recording after each number for Ss to repeat. - a) Focus Ss on how numbers 21, 22 are written. then Ss write the missing numbers individually. Next they check answers in pairs. - Ss listen to recording to check their answers. - Drill the numbers chorally and then individually.
- I clarify the MPF of the problematic numbers, e.g., thirty, forty, sixty , a hundred
- While chesting the hand-out, tell Ss they will answer this practice choosing the right option. - Give Ss the hand-out and demo the first two questions with them. - Ss answer alone and then check answers with a partner.
- Show Ss pictures of famous people and ask Ss to guess their ages. - Demo the activity with one of the Ss.