Upper intermediate level
To provide clarification and practice of phrasal verbs in the context of dealing with phone calls
To provide speaking practice in the context of a phone call with a friend or with an unexpected caller.
Procedure (29-40 minutes)
1. T shows power point presentation and asks ss the next questions: How often do you speak on the phone? How many phone calls do you have in a day? Do you generally preffer phoning, skyping, texting, or another form of communication? Why? What things can go wrong when you speak on the phone? 2. T puts ss in break out rooms to discuss. 3. T conducts OCFB.
1. T provides ss with a link to a Google Forms task. T sends the text in a word document via chat. Instructions: Read the conversations in which a problem happened. Match each conversation to problems a-d. 2. Ss check their answers in pairs or groups via chat. 3. T conducts OCFB.
1. T clarifies Meaning and Pronunciation with Concept Questions on Power Point. 2. T covers Form with an interactive Google Slides presentation. Instructions: drag the chart to its correct position. 3. T checks understanding.
1. T shares her Power Point presentation on screen. 2. T gives instructions for task: Put the sentences in the correct order and underline the phrasal verbs. Write them in your notebook. Demo the task: Where do you have to write the answers? 3. T put ss in break out rooms for peercheck. 4. T conducts OCFB.
1. T shows power point screen to give instructions. 2. T provides half of the ss, via chat, with a link to a Google Slide presentation with a card for Student A. 3. T provides the other half of the ss, via chat, with a link to a Google Slide presentation with a card for Student B. Demo the task: What is role-play? ACTING What do you have to do first? READ THE CARD AND PREPARE FOR ROLE-PLAY. Then? PREPARE NOTES IF NECESSARY Do you have to write through the chat or speak as if it was a real phone call? REAL PHONE CALL. 4. T put ss in breakout rooms and monitors. 5. T asks students about their role-play and conducts OCFB if necessary.