To provide review and practice of imperatives in the context of figures of authority.
To provide speaking opportunity to practise the target language.
Procedure (35-45 minutes)
• Show screen and ask ss: Who can tell you what to do? • If they don't understand the question ask follow-up questions: Who do you see in the pictures? Do these people have authority?
• Show screen and give instructions: What is the person saying? Choose the correct answer. • Do the first one with them • Partner them up and send the link: Check your answers with your partner through chat. [https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfIj8VbzDtp92xZfFBwEj3NTOnB3AvhJDMrA2bOTr9lPnHokw/viewform] • Check the answers
• Show screen and give instructions: Answer the questions together. • Do the first one with them • Send the link and send them to break out rooms if necessary [https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeNwbZcKNVhmWA5yAqlqPAO9aLBwnVj-9VMJMg86B-juKceXw/viewform] • Monitor them while in breakout rooms • Check answers and go over pronunciation together
• Show screen and give instructions: Write your own expressions. • Do the first one with them • Partner them up and send the link: Check your answers with your partner in the chat [https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeWMikdSTXAK5ThctjSuz4q3lleBWClFz-xthgarPGyZ8vVeA/viewform] • Check answers together
• Show screen and give instructions: Discuss these situations with your classmate. Only talk, you don't write. • Do the first one with them • Send link and send them to breakout rooms: [https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf-bvmOFMRKTFTF-GtzS8vK8jugHWnd2PXi_uWQFrOjCurhYg/viewform] • Monitor the breakout rooms and write down any errors • FB & DEC