● By the end of the lesson; Ss will have developed further their writing skill through the creation of an essay in the context of “Online classes”.
● In a writing lesson, the text analysis section will support the lesson, when we teach Ss the examples of the language to be used in the piece of writing.
Procedure (34-45 minutes)
• T will share a slide with the class topic “Online classes”. • Instructions: Share your opinion. Ex. About “Online classes”. • T scaffolds the task by allowing learners one minute to think about their answers. - T demos the task. • Learners work with the teacher and discuss the topic.
- T shares a slide with an essay about online classes on it. - T will ask them to read the essay for comprehension. • Instructions: Read the text. - T will ask CCQs about the essay to check comprehension. CCQ. It´s this an Email or an Essay? CCQ. What was the essay about? CCQ. How was it divided? CCQ. Why do we use paragraphs in writing? CCQ. What is the typical function of a paragraph’s first sentence? CCQ. Was the essay sharing an investigation or an opinion? CCQ. Was it written in formal or informal language? CCQ. Did it have connectors and linking words? CCQ. What tense was used? - T will cover the MFP of the essay MEANING CCQs: Which tense are we using? Present simple CCQs: Did we talk about a one-time situation or an outgoing situation? FORM: • The formula for in the simple present is: Subject + infinitive verb form + Object Pronunciation The intonation of the present tense (Falling intonation) In consequence, I believe that this could be a breakthrough. T models the questions then elicits relevant features of pronunciation and supports them visually. Drills chorally - T will ask the Ss to choose the correct order of a tangled essay. - T demos the task. Instructions: Choose the correct order for the essay - T then shares the link with the essay exercise. -Learners will work in pairs in breakout rooms. -Learners will peer check-in breakout rooms. -T conducts OCFB.
- T will share a slide with a question, Ss will write an essay as an answer. Ex. What do you think about Online classes? - Instructions: Write an essay about online classes. - T demos the task - T checks understanding - CCQs: what are you going to do?
-T Asks the Ss to paste their essays on the chatbox - T will provide Ss with a checklist so Ss can do peer check-in breakout rooms. - T demos the task - T checks understanding - CCQs: what are you going to do? - T asks Ss about the grading of their peers to deliver feedback as a group.
- T conducts OCFB and DEC