To provide detailed listening practice using audios about family members in the context of relationships between family members and their future plans
To provide practice of the future simple tense (will / going to / verb+ing) and the negative form "won't" in the context of family members
To provide practice of speaking fluency in the context of answering questions after listening a family conversation
Procedure (33-45 minutes)
- T shows SS three examples (one for each) of the use of will, going to, verb+ing (future) - T elicits the difference from SS by asking CCQs
- T plays six conversations for SS. - T puts SS in pairs asks SS to come up with suitable answers to each sentence. - SS make appropriate sentences for each item. - T plays the audio 5.8 so that SS can compare their answers.
-T puts SS in pairs and asks them to fill in the gaps by given choices and complete each sentence with a future negative sentence that features "won't". - SS do the task in pairs. - T plays the audio 5.9 for SS to check their answers.
- T plays the audio 5.10 and asks SS to repeat.
- T plays the audio 5.11 and asks them to choose what they hear is "want" or "won't." - SS select one in each sentence. - T shows the AK.
- T show a picture and elicits the vocabulary SS already know about family member names. - T teaches SS family member names that they do not know.
- T asks SS to write notes about one of their family members. - SS take notes individually. - T puts SS in pairs, tells them to ask each other about their family members. - SS ask each other questions and answer them.
- T plays the audio 5.12. - T asks SS to work in pairs and fill in the gaps by finding the relationships between the three people in the conversation. - SS fill in the gaps by find the correct answers.
- T plays 5.12 again and tells SS to answer comprehension questions. - SS respond.
- T asks SS questions about their opinion on the family conversation in the video. - SS answer.