TP6 [Functional Language]
To practice and revise functional language to refuse.
To provide reading and speaking practice in the context of refusing.
Procedure (34-45 minutes)
• Ask students questions regarding how to refuse food: - What types of food do you not like? - How do you say no when someone offers you that food?
• Show Google Form and give instructions: Look at the conversation and answer the two questions. Check your answers in private messages with your partner. 3 minutes. • Pair them up and send the link [https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdUWj8bbZhhCKOssNdNSi152Mp8EHuaD5RguDgV0BmCLL7Hfg/viewform?usp=sf_link] • Check answers and ask if there are any questions
• Show Google Form and give instructions: Now work together and answer the questions. 8 minutes. • Send the link and send them to breakout rooms [https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfcjadeyyBkENyU6AdWtG9IJIWdgsHMl8PhQ1exYrMYMnAWPw/viewform?usp=sf_link] • Monitor the breakout rooms and guide the ss when necessary • While checking answers mention some extra information: Mention it is necessary to repeat the subject after 'but' and reformulate "No thank you, I already ate at home." Mention there is emphasis on 'but' and there is linking between 'I'm alright'.
• Show Google Form and give instructions: Write down how you say no in these situations. Don't forget to use different expressions. Check your answers with your partner in private messages. 5 minutes. • Pair them up and send the link [https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc6t-_63xFy8_RLjFmEAojCHdB0qrnBRKMZ4WMVGK4GbNpGLw/viewform?usp=sf_link] • Check the answers together
• Show Google Jamboard and give instructions: Think of a situation where you need something. Talk to your classmate and say no, then switch. 8 minutes. • Do one example with a strong student • Send ss to breakout rooms and monitor the mistakes • Mix them up at least once • Content FB and DEC