LP of TP8 Grammar_Jack
Pre Intermediate level
To provide clarification of of expressing movement in the context of sport.
To provide speaking practice using the TL to talk about sport.
Procedure (37-45 minutes)
1. Show pictures of some sports and set the context Context: If you want to talk about a sport to your friend but you have forgotten the name of that sport, how would you talk about it so that your friend can understand which the sport is?
1. Exposure Task 1: show four pictures for the Ss to match with the example sentences. This is for the Ss to get exposed to the text and use guided discovery to have them understand the meaning of TL. 2. Stimulating Awareness Task 2: Ask Ss which words in the sentences give them the clues for the answers. Link: https://jamboard.google.com/d/1s-XiM79LCfUDu3v1wkkcCvISsD2-x3USeIYSKdv3-wE/edit?usp=sharing
1. Go through MPF in jam-board with the pre-designed teaching materials. Meaning: let Ss group the example sentences according to whether the subject has made anything move. Form: Let Ss do tasks 2, 3 to work out the construction of the grammar. And then do task 4 to deal with some common mistakes in using the TL. Pronunciation: Ask Ss to find typical features of the pronunciation of the TL. Model and drill. Link: https://jamboard.google.com/d/1s-XiM79LCfUDu3v1wkkcCvISsD2-x3USeIYSKdv3-wE/edit?usp=sharing
1. Give instruction on the task 2. T do the first item as an example. 3. Have Ss do a scrambled sentence task in Google form individually. 4. Send them to BOR for pair check on the task. 5. do OCFB. Link: https://forms.gle/r5i75fx7NqnKT9BS7
1. Give instructions on the task. 2. Give a demo for one picture. 3. Send Ss to the BOR for the task. 4. Monitor and take notes of the language that the Ss produced. link (page 1): https://jamboard.google.com/d/1s-XiM79LCfUDu3v1wkkcCvISsD2-x3USeIYSKdv3-wE/edit?usp=sharing
T uses the notes taken during the free practice and give feedback for both good and poor languages the students produced. Provide correction for any mistakes.