TP 8 Grammar
To provide review of the past perfect simple and continuous in the context of heroic figures.
To provide scan reading practice using a text about heroic figure in the context of past events.
Procedure (33-45 minutes)
- T will let Ss know the lesson will be a grammar lesson. - T will share on Zoom (sharing the T screen) a Google Slides presentation that will have the question "What do yout think happened?" and the slide will have a picture of a person in a box with other people gathered around. - T will demo what answers are expected. - T will nominate Ss to answer. - T will ask Ss follow up questions to build rapport.
- T will share screen to a Google Forms page with a questionnaire about the image they just discussed. - Ss will read for 2 minutes. - Ss will answer the questionnaire by themselves. - T will nominate Ss to answer and justify their answers.
- T will share screen to a Google Jamboard presentation to help cover MFPA. - T will put Ss in pairs for them to resolve the activities together. - T will share link to a Google Jamboard presentation for MFPA activities. - T wil cover meaning by having Ss look at two timelines and they will have to match meaning and an example. - T will cover Form by having Ss analyze the sentences and structure the sentences in pairs. - T will cover pronunciation by having Ss listen to a model of the sentence and have them place stress corresponding to intonation. T will cover connected speech and drill Ss.
- T will share link to a Google presentation. - Ss will see phrases with blank areas and also words to fill out the blank spots. - T will have Ss work in pairs, through Zoom´s breakout rooms and share answers. - Ss will share answers, thus solve the activity as a group.
- T will share screen to a Google Jamboard presentation. - T will instruct Ss that they will talk about heroic people. - T will demo what answers to expect from the Ss using the TL, they will be able to use the Jamboard to write down their ideas. - Ss will work in pairs, using Zoom breakout rooms. - T will nominate Ss to give their answers. - T will monitor, looking throughout this stage and look for errors to be correctly adressed in the next stage.
- T will share screen via Zoom - Ss will be able to see some sentences T observed from the previous stage. - T will ask Ss what they think the mistakes are and provide the apporpiate correction to the mistakes.