For students to learn grammar about the first conditional in the context of discussing what they would do if the lockdown ended.
For students to gain speaking practice in the context of discussing what they would do
Procedure (42-42 minutes)
1. T asks students to write in the chatbox one word of how they are feeling today (good and bad are forbiden). 2. T asks specific students why they chose that word.
1. T asks students "Let's say the Covid vaccine comes out today. Would you take it? Why?" 2. Ss go to breakout rooms to discuss these questions for 2 minutes.
1. T shows Ss the question "Who is more concerned?" and asks students to read a Dialogue. 2. Ss read dialogue and write the answer to the question (Dwayne). 3. Ss send their partners their answer to Peer Check. 4. T elicits from students if their answers matched their partners'. 5. If there is big controversy, T refers back to text.
1. T shares Google Forms with Ss. 2. Ss answer Google Forms in pairs (Breakout rooms) 3. T monitors
1. T elicits answers to the guided discovery task from students. 2. If there is a big disagreement, Ss discuss why they chose their answer 3. T drills the class through pronunciation.
1. T shares screen with Google Forms and answers the first question as a demo. 2. Ss answer on their own
1. T sends Ss to breakout rooms, in pairs, to check their answers with their peers. 2. T monitors
1. T elicits answers from students 2. If there are discrepancies, T stops to clarify.
1. T shares screen with relevant questions. 2. Ss go to breakout rooms and discuss the questions in pairs.
1. T elicits from students "What did your partner say about...?" 2. Ss briefly answer (don't ask the chatty ones)
1. T shares screen with four sentences related to the TL used by students. 2. T says "Some are correct and some are wrong. Which ones and why?" 3. Ss discuss and correct the sentences.