For students to practice their writting skills by writting a biography about someone they admire.
For students to gain practice proofreading their partner's texts
For students to practice reading for detail and specific information
Procedure (42-42 minutes)
1. T asks Ss about their day or how they are doing.
1. T asks Ss: "Which famous person do you admire?" and gives an example of admiring Mahatma Gandhi (whilst showing picture). 2. Ss share with the whole classroom their choice.
1. T shares Google Forms with Ss and shows the question they must answer. 2. Ss have 3 minutes to read and answer
1. T elicits answers from students (if they had mistakes. Otherwise, save time).
1. T shares Google Forms with students with several expressions in context and questions about them. 2. Ss answer in pairs.
1. T goes over the answers to the "Language" forms with the Ss. 2. T elicits from students the form of these expressions (previously used in context)
1. T shares with students questions they should know about their chosen person. 2. Ss have 2 minutes to research in google this information.
1. Ss write for 12 minutes
1. T assigns partners and shows an example of how to proofread a text 2. Ss proofread each other's texts.
1. T asks students to correct their texts. 2. Ss correct their texts.