To provide speaking practice in expressing likelihood in the context of future events.
To revise lexis about predicting and possibilities
Procedure (35-45 minutes)
- T will let Ss know the lesson will be a speaking lesson. - T will share on Zoom (sharing the T screen) a Google Jamboard presentation that will have the questions "How do you think life will change in the next 5 to 10 years? How would you like it to be?" - T will demo what answers are expected. - T will nominate Ss to answer. - T will ask Ss follow up questions to build rapport.
- T will share screen to a Google Jamboard presentation that will have a text with predictions of what 2025 will look like and the question "How do you think life will change in the next 5 years?". - T will share link to the Google Jamboard presentation. - T will have Ss in pairs, via Zoom breakout rooms, and they will add their ideas on the Jamboard. - Ss will share answers with the whole class.
- T will share screen to a Google Jamboard presentation to help cover MFPA. - T wil cover meaning with help of a cline. T will ask Ss where they would place the following expressions depending on the percentage of certainty each states. Expressions: Definitely will, definitely won´t, possibly will, probably will, and probably won´t. - T will share link to a Google Jamboard presentation for MFPA activities. - T will pair Ss, via Zoom breakout rooms, and have Ss match some sentences to it´s appropiate expression based on likeliness. T will ask Ss in what type of conversations each expression can be used in, neutral, formal or informal. - T will cover Form by having Ss analyze the sentences and structure the sentences in pairs. - T will cover pronunciation by having Ss listen to a model of the sentence and have them place stress corresponding to intonation. T will cover connected speech and drill Ss.
- T will have Ss make two predictions about transportation 10-20 years, individually. - T will demo what type of answers to expect from the Ss. - T will have Ss discuss in pairs what they predicted, share how likely they think their peers predictions are to happen and why. - T will have Ss share with the whole class. - T will have Ss discuss eachothers ideas and opinions.
- T will share screen via Zoom - Ss will be able to see some sentences T observed from the previous stage. - T will ask Ss what they think the mistakes are and provide the appropiate correction to the mistakes. - Ss and T will solve as a group.