language school and its facility
pre- intermediate level
To provide accuracy and fluency peaking practice in a personal life and speaking about language school and respective facilities
To provide detailed information to practice listening
Procedure (18-55 minutes)
- Students are assigned to take a look at a picture on the board and let them guess what the picture is about. - ICQ: Clear instruction is needed, students are asked to think individually then talk in pairs about topic of the lesson. - Give students some times to think about the picture. CCQs: Is it about making a business? Is everything included? Is it like a tour? Are you going to learn something? Is it about learning English language? - Elicit answers from students - Students might model the language with ccqs by making sentences - students will be asked to share their ideas about the target language and write on top of the board.
- Sts are given handouts which is about Victoria language school and facility,2d, 1. - ICQ: a clear instruction should be given to students. - Students are assigned to match the words in bold in article to respective definitions. - As a part of instruction, students must be aware of given time for each stage and task - Peer checking should be run - Feedback: Students will be individually asked what are their 3 important things to choose the language school and then sts will share to its group mate. and finally, share with class.
- Tell students they will hear an audio a man asking for information at a language school for French course - Students will be given HOs and the should listen to the recording and underline the correct information from the text. - student w'ill listen the recording once and play for second time if its needed. - Peer checking and monitoring must be run. - Feedback: Teacher asks students to read correctly with correct answer based on what they have listened.
- Students will be assigned to do exercise 2d, listening part 2 which is matching. - Two columns hands out "A and B" will be given to students. - Clear ICQ is needed. - Teacher should monitor and do some delayed corrections if its needed. - Peer checking: Students will see and control each other's answer without correcting. - Feedeback: Sts answer will be compared to some others or they can answer by turn.
- Teacher might refresh student's mind by a quick review of target language's collocations. - Teacher will assign students below task to speak out, in case that students do not understand the task, an example should be presented by the teacher. tell your students "consider each of you as a manager of a language school, and goverment allow only one you to open a language school. well you should make a short presentation for whole class describing school and say why your language school is the best in town/city. - Give students some time to think about that - Give an example if its needed. - Monitor students and do delayed correction. - Then let them to share in pairs. - Feedback: Students will be speaking with using collocations. -
- Finally, students are given speaking HOs to talk in groups. - ICQ : clear instruction is absolutely essential. - Students will go to break out room and ask each other the given personalized questions. - The more classmate you find to ask the set of questions, the better performance you have. consequently you will shine like a diamond due to having the best engagement to the activity. - Teacher asks one student what the others answered you.