TP 3 Grammar
To practice and revise simple present using he, she, and it affirmative sentences in the context of discussing their partners eating habits..
To provide fluency speaking practice while discussing food preferences with their classmates.
Procedure (37-48 minutes)
1. T shares jamboard showing images of breakfast, lunch dinner. 2. T uses CCQs and elicits responses about the images. "When do we eat breakfast? When do we eat lunch? What are some things we eat for breakfast?" 3. T gives instructions: (1 min) “ I want you to talk with your partners about what you usually like to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You will have two minutes." 4. T sends link and creates break out rooms (2 minutes) 5. Once time is up, T ends break out rooms 6. OCFB: T nominates a few students to share for 1-2 minutes
1. T shares Google Jamboard with text for identifying the target grammar 2. T gives instructions: “You will have 3 minutes to read this text and answer the questions. Let's do the first one together...(demo task)" ICQs: How long do you have? 3 mins 4. T sends link and lets students work individually 5. Once 3 minutes is up, T sends students into breakout room. “You now have 2 minutes to talk with your partners about your answers”
1. T ends breakout room 2. OCFB: go over responses. CCQs: What is the text about? Are they talking about food they are eating right now? What are they talking about? 3. OCFB: T will share ‘responses’ screen, nominate students to share their answers
1. T shares Google Slides introducing simple present. Use CCQs and timeline to demonstrate how simple present is used (routines, generalizations) 2. How does the verb change for simple present when following "He, She , It"? Give some examples of common irregular verbs that deviate from this rule: go/goes, have/has, do/does 3. Show slides of incorrect sentences 4. Go through the incorrect sentences as a class, CCQs to determine what is wrong with each of the sentences and how we can fix them
1. T shares Google Forms screen 2. T gives instructions: “Read the sentence, and fill in the missing word using the correct form of the verb. Let's do the first one together." (demo task) 3. Allow students to complete the task individually. Give them three minutes. 4. After completion, send students to breakout room. “Now you will go to break out rooms for 3 more minutes. Compare your answers with your partners.” 6. T ends breakout room 7. OCFB: (3-4 minutes) T will share screen and go over responses with students while checking if they understand the answers
1. T shares Jamboard 2. T gives instructions: "I will send you back into breakout rooms with a partner, and I want you to ask each other what you like to eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Later, you will compare your answers with your partner's answers. For example: I enjoy tacos for dinner, but John prefers pizza. I'll give you four minutes." 3. T monitors break out rooms and writes some good and bad examples of the verb tenses being used. 4. Ss return from breakout rooms. OCFB: let students share their answers with the class 5. T makes delayed error corrections on any mistakes that were repeatedly made during the lesson