Elementary A1 level
To provide practice of new vocabulary in the context of school
To introduce the ss to a new vocabulary items in the theme of school and classroom objects.
To help ss use correct spelling and pronunciation of the new vocabulary
Procedure (58-79 minutes)
- Set in the context by asking ss to prepare their coloring pencils, and ask them to pick a pencil with a specific color, that will help you test how much they know about the colors and the vocabulary related to it. - Put students in pairs and ask them to give orders back and forth to each other, using as many colors as they can name, so that they can use the vocabulary themselves.
- Introduce the new vocabulary by pointing at objects in the classroom, and asking the ss CCQs; '' Is this a red pen?" " Is this a blue window?" answers: yes/no - Ask the ss to open the book to unite 2 and draw their attention to the content and elicit the names of the characters in the picture. Ask the ss to point where's the blue star?. - Draw the ss's attention to the board and play the audio. Give them time to listen to the audio and ask them to to work in pairs and point the objects they hear on their books. - Play the audio once again and ask the ss to get on board and point at the object one by one. - Ask the ss to repeat the name of the objects they are pointing at.
- For each word, check the ss pronunciation. - If the students pronounce the word correctly, ask the ss to repeat it to the rest of the class, then ask for a whole class choral response. Drill if needed. - Ask CCQs; " what object we use to write with?" Answer; pen/pencil. Q: "Do we sit on tables?" A: No, we sit on chairs.
- Draw the ss attention to the pupil's book again, and point at activity number 3. Allow them four min to work on the exercise, then put them in pairs and ask one ss to point at an object and the other student say the name of the object out loud. Repeat until satisfied with pronunciation. - Ask the ss to open the activity book, and ask them to listen to the colors of the object and color them accordingly on their activity book. Ask them to check their answers with each other before conducting FB. - Ask the ss to go to the following activity in the same book and draw their attention to the objects on their desks, ask them to use their drawing skills to work on this exercise. give them 5-8 min to work on the exercise. Monitor them closely without engaging too much with them, allow them a free time to draw.
- Ask the students to work in pairs on exercise number 4. - Give ss 5min and ask for FB, then ask them to write their answers on the board, and saying the name of the objects they are writing. - Praise the correct answers and correct the errors. - Wrap the class with delayed error corrections of pronunciation if necessary.