LP of TP4 Functional_Jack
Upper Intermediate level
To provide clarification and practice of language used for agreeing and disagreeing politely.
To provide gist listening and speaking practice for the learners.
Procedure (37-47 minutes)
1. Show a picture of a kid having a meal for setting the context. (Most possibly I would show my own child's picture to the class.) 2. Brainstorm: what challenges might parents have when raising kids? Which are the most difficult ones. Possible answers: eating, sleeping, safety, etc. 3. OCFB.
1. Play the lesson video clip of three people discussing ways of having kids to have healthy eating habits. 2. Ask Ss to do a matching exercise of the opinions and the person who said it.(https://jamboard.google.com/d/1ueeU3jeFMrzhSGJC2PaSF6lH-aY6p44xJo-rU1YXiRI/edit?usp=sharing) 3. Elicit Ss to say a few expressions used in the video for expressing opinions. (Jamboard)
1. Ask Ss to group those expressions into agreeing and disagreeing categories. (Slides)
1. Google Jam-board to guide Ss to discover the form of the TL. (https://jamboard.google.com/d/1ueeU3jeFMrzhSGJC2PaSF6lH-aY6p44xJo-rU1YXiRI/edit?usp=sharing) 2. Model and drill the pronunciation, let Ss pay attention to the sentence stress and intonation by showing the sentences with stress marks. (Also in Jam-board)
1. Have Ss do a fill-in exercise by google form. (https://forms.gle/WdwFKoiMvWYL7F359) 2. Pair checking the answers in BOR 3. OCFB
1. Give instructions for the below task in breakout rooms (show the statements by message or sharing screen): Look at these sentences. Think of at least two reasons why you agree or disagree with them. 1. TV and video games make children violent. 2. Children under ten shouldn't be allowed to have mobiles. 3. 20 is a good age to get married. 4. Friends give the best advice. 2. ICQ checking 3. OCFB.