Copy of CELTA TP4 VOCABULARY
ENGLISH UNLIMITED B1+ level
To provide clarification and practice of some adverbs used to tell stories (adverbs of manner/feeling/time) in the context of personal experiences.
To provide fluency and accuracy speaking practice in telling a story in the context of describing a personal experience.
Procedure (41-63 minutes)
1. T greets the Ss and commences the session 2. T projects a slide showing 2 pictures (tsunami and eclipse) to recall the context 3. T points out to Fren and Antonio's stories
1. T forms 3 groups 2. T gives instruction for Act1: - Fren and Antonio used a number of adverbs in their stories to make it more dramatic or interesting - Here are a set of adverbs they used and their meanings - Match them with each other 3. T ICQs - 3 minutes 4. T gives out HO1 5. T projects the answers: check your answers with the board.
1- T projects the phonemic scripts of lexical items 2- T drills chorally/individually 3- T projects the CCQs and asks the questions from the class 4- Ss try to answer and may show undrestanding 5- T does exactly the same for all lexical items
1. T forms pairs 2. T gives instruction for Act2 : There are 8 sentences from Fran and Antonio’s stories, put words from Act1 in the correct place in the sentences. 3. T gives HO2 (one for each pair) 4. T plays the audio: listen and check your answers 5. T projects the answers to ensure the right answers
1. T projects questions B and C 2. T tries to elicit the difference between two groups of adverbs 3. T project the anwer
1. T forms pairs 2. T gives instructions for Act3: - Here we have a table - We need to decide where in a sentence we can put the adverbs - Look at the sentences in Act2 for help - Put a tick or a cross in the table 3. T ICQs /2 minutes 4. T gives out HO3 (one for each pair) 5. T projects the answers
1. T forms pairs 2. T gives instructions for Act4: - Work with your neighbor - Read David’s story about flooding in the are where he lives - Make it more interesting or dramatic by adding the adverbs from the box. 3. T ICQs/3 minutes 4. T projects the answers
1. T forms pairs 2. T gives instructions for Act5: - Here we have 5 sentences and 5 adverbs - Put the adverbs in the right place in sentences 3. T ICQs/3 minutes 4. T gives out HO4 5. T models the first sentence 6. T asks for WCFB 7. T projects the answers
1. T gives instructions for Act5 B: - Change the bold parts of the sentences to make them true for you - Tell your sentences to your partner 2. T ICQs/2 minutes 3. T gives out HO4 (each student has one HO now) 4. T monitors and provides FB
1. T projects a slide showing 3 sentences 2. T explains that to have a more natural speech we need to pause for a little while at some places in our speech 3. T plays the recording and asks Ss to repeat the sentences If time: 1. T gives instruction for Act6: - Listen to the text below - Put a slash mark where you hear there is a pause, and a double slash where you hear there is a full stop. 2. T ICQs 3. T plays the audio 4. Ss pair check 5. T projects the answers
1. T gives instructions for Act7: - Choose one of the beginnings - Complete the story using your imagination, try to make it more interesting or dramatic using the adverbs we learnt today 2. T ICQs/2 minutes 3. T gives out HO5 4. T gives more instructions: - Now everyone stand up please - Find someone you haven't talk to today and tell your story 5. T monitors and provides delayed FB on WB (peer correction/T correction) 6. T wishes everyone a good day!